
Most people don't know this about me, but Halloween is my favorite holiday. And I'm going to ignore all the catcalls that claim that Halloween is a pagan holiday--yes, yes, I know all about Hallows Eve. And you're missing the point, people.




It's the air of Autumn; th
e smell of sharpened pencils, of clean unmarked paper, of new books with stiff bindings and bright pictures, of new plastic pencil cases. I also love the colors of autumn: golds, reds, and oranges, deep browns. There's such a sense of renewal in the air. Too bad we can't really enjoy it here. Autumn in Los Angeles sometimes seems like a slightly cooler summer. It's boring. So we can go to the beach whenever we want. Big deal. (I can already see my sister Wendy looking around for a hefty rock to throw at me from Utah.) And as the weather turns colder, I can't wait to turn my
oven on and start baking.

As for Halloween itself, it's fun to dress up. This year Brett and I decided to go all out for the Ward Halloween party on Saturday, October 25th. We won the Men and Women's Costume contest. (Thanks, Serene!) It was fun. As to why I was able to fit into my wedding dress after three pregnancies, I have my theories. Either I'm slimmer than I thought I was, or when I got married I wasn't as thin as I then thought I was. Still, the waist was stretched to its max. I'm not sure I breathed that evening. Explains the pale skin, doesn't it? Brett looks great. I'm not sure I like him all that much with hair, though. Believe it or not, he looks best with a shaved head. My opinion.
Don't forget: The most beautiful, most wonderful and gracious day of the year happens every October 5th.
(Yes, I am still receiving presents, checks and candy. Mail to the usual address or bring it personally. It's not too late! And if you're really good, I'll admit that I turned thirty-six!)
I had wanted to begin both my blogs simultaneously--the other's by invite only and its titled "The Secret Pink Pages"--but after wrestling with posting all the Halloween family pictures, I've decided to give up on it for now. I'm calling Angela so she can give me some pointers. She's the expert as far as I'm concerned.

And I finish this first blog with a public request: Please vote Yes on Prop 8 this Tuesday, November 4th!

2 comments:
Vera! Que bien compones. Me encanto leer tus notas. Contame si ganaron el concurso. Yo creo que si; excelente disfraz y parecido. Si que te estas delgada, vos!
Me encantaron las figuras de las pumpkins. Te quiero mucho. Analili
Hi, Vera! I'm glad to finally figure out who Brett was...the Corpse Groom? And I'm also glad that you share my opinion about his baldness.
I am guessing you can fit into your wedding dress because you run 16 miles at a time!?!?! I'm impressed.
Post a Comment